SHARE

Mackenzie B rugby players brothers Henry (left) and George Murray took the Mt Cook Cup to new heights over the weekend, choppering up to the snow on Glentanner Station for the traditional post-win photograph. The cup, donated in 1929 by MP TD Burnett to the Pleasant Point Rugby Club, has previously been contested in a sevens competition and a Mackenzie sub-union playoff, but since 1953, has been awarded to the winner of a Pleasant Point B vs Mackenzie B contest. The two teams battled it out in Fairlie on Saturday, Mackenzie taking the trophy with a late try and conversion to win 25-23. PHOTO: ALEX MEBAN