The South Canterbury DHB is encouraging as many people as possible to be tested for Covid-19 if they have the following symptoms:
- An acute respiratory infection with at least one of the following:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Coryza – head cold e.g. runny nose, sneezing, post-nasal drip
- Anosmia – loss of sense of smell
- With or without fever.
The Covid-19 Testing Clinic is located at 14 Butler St, Timaru.
A referral from Healthline (0800 358 5453) or your family doctor is needed. Do not go directly to a pharmacy, GP clinic, or emergency department.
Anyone who is tested must go into immediate self-isolation while awaiting results and further advice. Depending where the test was performed, the results will be notified by your GP, or the Covid-19 Testing Clinic.
How to protect yourself and prevent the spread of Covid-19
South Canterbury DHB continues to remind the public that the best way they can help with the Covid-19 response is to:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds) and dry thoroughly
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell (stay at least 2m away)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid personal contact with sick people, such as kissing and sharing cups or food
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs
- Stay home if you feel unwell
- Practice low-touch shopping. Do not handle things you are not buying, keep your distance, be aware of how you are touching things like bank cards, money, ATMs and Eftpos machines. Wash your hands after touching things like this as soon as you can.
Practise physical distancing
- Keep 2m physical distance from people who are not in your bubble. Practice this when you’re using essential services such as supermarkets
- We are all in this together and it is important as a community we remember to be kind to each other, and to check up on friends, family and neighbours, by using the phone, online messaging, or just chatting over the fence while following the physical distancing guidelines of a safe 2m distance.
South Canterbury District Health Boardlatest Nike SneakersCONVERSE Plataforma Blancas , Comprar Converse CTAS LUGGED HI 565902C Blancas , Online