by Greta Yeoman
Whether you are heading out of town or hanging around home over Easter Weekend, there is still plenty to do in South Canterbury during the long weekend. In an Easter special, The Courier has provided an extended list of events from Thursday to Monday.
- Maundy Thursday Service, St Mary’s Church, Timaru, 7pm-8pm.
- Waimate Art Society Easter Art Extravaganza, High St, Waimate, 10am-4pm (also Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday).
- Mass of the Lord’s Supper, St Patrick’s Basilica, Waimate, 7pm.
- Mass of the Lord’s Supper, St Thomas’ Church, Timaru, 7pm.
- Mass of the Lord’s Supper, St Joseph’s Catholic Church, Temuka, 7pm.
- Combined churches’ Good Friday service, Life Church, 134 Morgans Rd, Timaru, 10am.
- Good Friday service at St Mary’s Anglican Church, Timaru, 3pm.
- Commemoration of the Lord’s Passion, Immaculate Conception Church, Geraldine, 3pm.
- Commemoration of the Lord’s Passion, St Thomas’ Church, Timaru, 3pm.
- Southern Alps Country Music Awards at Caroline Bay Hall, 8am-11pm (also Sunday).
- Kiwi the Engine and Friends will operating at the Pleasant Point Railway Museum from 10.30am-4pm. Kiwi will have Easter eggs for all the children, plus other activities (also Sunday and Monday).
- Easter Vigil, St Mary’s Church, Pleasant Point, 7.30pm.
- Easter Vigil, St Thomas’ Church, Timaru, 8pm.
- Stations of the Cross, St Andrew’s Church, Waimate, 11am.
- Commemoration of the Lord’s Passion, St Andrew’s Church, Waimate, 3pm.
- Easter Hunt, Famlan Farm Park, 19 Rosebrook Rd, 10am-3pm. For further information follow us on Facebook or ring Richard on 21458-583.
- Easter Sunday Service, Timaru Salvation Army, 10.30am.
- Easter Sunday service, Immaculate Conception Church, Geraldine, 9am.
- Easter Sunday service, St Joseph’s Catholic Church, Temuka, 10.30am.
- Combined Baptist churches Easter Sunday dawn service above Dashing Rocks, 6.45am.
- Mackenzie Highland A&P Show, Mackenzie A&P Showgrounds. Gates open at 8am.